Friday, May 29, 2009

TAKING RESPONSIBILITY

YOU must take personal responsibility. YOU cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but YOU can change yourself-Jim Rohn (self-made millionaire, success coach and philosopher.

It is normal for us to start blaming everything and everybody except ourselves, if things do not go as desired. The truth is, we are often scared to really find the true source of our situation. Often, it starts from within.

Once you have accepted that you are the primary source of the problem, stop making excuses. Excuses will slow you down and nobody benefits from them.

You must understand that life's formula is event plus response will result in the outcome. How you respond to a certain situation will result in the outcome. Instead of blaming for your lack of results in your present situation, you have to change your responses to the events that happen until you get the outcomes that you want. This is the option that promotes creativity, opportunity, freedom and ultimately, wealth.

Start believing that you are capable of to make things better and produce better than mediocre results from your actions. You must decide to take control of your life.

First you need to analyse where you are, meaning your current situation. You need to find out what your strengths and weaknesses are.

Next you have to visualise where you want to be and what you want to have, 5 years from now. You can start taking responsibility for the outcome of future endeavours. You have to learn to be responsible for your level of achievements, emotions, results of actions and state of health

The results of your actions depend on the input you make in the first place. If you keep doing the same things that do not give the results that you want,perhaps it is time to change strategies and line of action.Find out who can help you to reach your destination. Finding a role model and a mentor would cut the time needed to reach your destination.

For students, seeking your teacher and your better achieving peers for help and pointers are effective lines of action. Being in the company of like minded people is also another way of keeping you on track to your destination in your journey of success.

Continuously seeking knowledge by reading relevant books are great motivation tools and could change the way you understand things. So,you should be spending more time at libraries, bookshops and book fairs. Nowadays, the Internet has proven to be an immense source of knowledge. So sitting at your computer and doing useful things is another way of seeking new information.

Since joining the Money Mastery community, I have started to take responsibility for my life. No more blaming circumstances and others for my inaction. I have started to be more positive in my outlook and more proactive. I needed to change myself since I have control of myself. I cannot change others around me because I have no control over them. At the end of the day, who I become is due to me and me alone. I decide and take action. The outcome will follow. It will be a positive outcome if I had made the right choice and taken the right step.

(For those wanting to know more on Money Mastery please leave your email in the comments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment